Utopia is a “reality” show on Fox where a group of people are given a chance to create their version of Utopia in a fenced-off world. This isn’t purely post-apocalyptic, but watching the show can give you just a little idea of how cray people would be in a real post-apocalyptic setting. That’s why I’ll be providing some surprising Utopia secrets on this blog. Today’s theme is “Crazy Cal.” :D
To get you started, here’s a very brief audio clip of an exchange between Nikki and Cal yesterday. Listen closely…
Yep, you heard that correctly. Wanna tweet Cal’s inspiring message?
[Tweet “”My strategy is beyond what the feminine brain can understand.” – Cal on Utopia”]
If you don’t watch the live feeds, you might not know what’s really going on. Let’s give you a quick background on Cal’s background:
- Once a Neo Nazi (we’re not kidding)
- Lost his anger in a sweat lodge. (yep, true)
- Changed gears to be all about the “love”
- Member of a commune farm led by a matriarch
So with that background down… Is Cal turning all controlling-cult-leader-stalker-esque with Nikki? Here are a few hints as to what’s going on in his head:
- He’s already trying to isolate her from the people closest to her. “Don’t hang out with Josh.” “Don’t hang out with Ernesto.” “I don’t like Amanda. She’s crazy.”
- Alert live feed viewers have pointed out that he’s VERY manipulative. Just a couple days ago, he told her that she needed to stop dressing so revealing. He made her a long dress to wear instead.
- He comes down on her HARD about really minor things.
During yesterday’s live feed, Cal had a serious talk with Nikki about all the “negative energy” she gave off when she complained about eating rice and beans. She made herself some cabbage and he retorted that he wouldn’t eat it because it “wasn’t full of love.”
[Tweet “Maybe Cal’s not overly controlling, maybe he’s just crazy. – #UtopiaFox #Cal”]
Here are a few more Cal quotes from their enlightening discussion:
- “Josh wants my energy.”
- “People are going to be comparing themselves to me, and they won’t like how they come up.”
- “Taylor doesn’t like me because I’m a secure man and he’s not. The level of joy in his life is this big (makes a tiny motion) and my joy is THIS BIG. (makes a huge, sweeping measurement)”
- “People in the world need to see how a man acts.” (Referring to himself)
So the verdict… Would Cal survive in a post-apocalyptic world? Not if he drove too many people completely bonkers. :-/
[Tweet “Cal might not survive a post-apocalyptic world if he sings too much. – #UtopiaFox #Cal”]