Rebuilding society takes some practice, but the new world-building game Before We Leave can help you get started when it comes to Xbox Game Pass next week.
The premise is simple: you’re a tribal leader who emerges with your tribe generations after a global catastrophe forces everyone to live underground. The planet’s surface is alive again and it’s time to thrive in the glorious, glorious sunshine.
The game is heavy on resource management, allowing you to lead your civilization out of the dark ages and into galactic exploration. Yep, you can eventually get your people to the point where they can explore and build on multiple planets to find new resources and even ancient alien technology.
Interestingly enough, there are no battles or weapons in Before We Leave. There are dangers (mostly in nature) but you’re not fighting your neighbors over control of the resources as you do in most other games of this type.
- Build settlements for the newly emerged Peeps
- Discover and research the ancient technologies around you
- Manage resources, pollution and happiness to avoid the mistakes of your ancestors
- Trade between your settlements by sea and by space
- Explore six unique biomes on islands of all shapes and sizes
- Protect the Peeps from ancient beings that guard the galaxy
- Award-winning Soundtrack: Benedict Nichols (Omno, The Falconeer) and James Dean of Ākau Audio compose a soundscape fit for any benevolent leader, winning ‘The Composed Segment’ Pav award for excellence in audio