Wasteland Weekend 2021 is here. It started Wednesday, September 22 and will last through Sunday, September 26. This annual festival is a full-immersion post-apocalyptic event. In other words, this is the closest you’ll get to living in the post-apocalypse (unless you consider 2020 and 2021 a pretty good dress rehearsal already.) Here’s a look at the schedule (and associated maps) to help you know what’s happening over the next few days.Check out the Wasteland Weekend 2021 schedule. Click To Tweet
The Entertainment Schedule
If you’re attending and are curious about the schedule or if you’re just wondering what people do during Wasteland Weekend to stay entertained, we have all the details. This isn’t an all-inclusive list, but it gives you a taste of what’s going on in the entertainment arena. The full entertainment schedule is also posted via PDF here. Note that all times are local for the California location of the event.
Thursday schedule for 9/23/21
- 7:30 pm: LIVE BAND: Fleischkrieg on Main Stage
- 8:30 pm: WW goes Pop (with FIRE) on Main Stage
- 9 pm: LIVE BAND: Militia Vox on Main Stage
- 10 pm: Badlands Savages on Main Stage
- 11 pm: DJ TH3 OM3N on Main Stage
Friday schedule for 9/24/21
- 9:30-11:30 am: Archery Range Open
- 2-4 pm: Car Show and Judging [behind Main Stage]
- 4:30 pm: Jugger Match on Main Stage
- 6 pm: Memorial to the Fallen on top of the Twin Hills
- 7 pm: LIVE BAND Drift on Main Stage
- 7:45 pm: Wretched Embers on Main Stage
- 8:15 pm: LIVE BAND Old Blood on Main Stage
- 9 pm: Apocrypha on Main Stage
- 9:30 pm: LIVE BAND AHTCK on Main Stage
- 10:30 pm: LIVE BAND: Jason Charles Miller on Main Stage
- 11:15 pm: DJ CorpseToe on Main Stage
Saturday schedule for 9/25/21
- 9:30-11:30 am: Archery Range Open
- 10 am: Archery Tournament on the Archery Range
- 11 am: Ceremonial Opening of the Wasteland Gates at the City Gates
- 12 pm: Post-Apocalyptic Swimsuit Contest on Main Stage
- 3:30 pm: Car Cruise behind Twin Hills
- 6 pm: Group photo at the City Gates
- 6:30 pm: Costume Contest on Main Stage
- 7:30 pm: LIVE BAND Arnocorps on Main Stage
- 8:30 pm: LIVE BAND Through the Oculus on Main Stage
- 9:15 pm: Bangarang Tribe on Main Stage
- 9:45 pm: LIVE BAND Dead Animal Assembly Plant on Main Stage
- 10:45 pm: DJ Joe Virus on Main Stage
Sunday schedule for 9/26/21
- 9:30-11:30 am: Sunday sermon on the Glory of the Atom with Brother Justify at the City Gates
- 12 pm: Event Ends (behind Main Stage)
There also numerous unofficial events, which you can find on the doc here, as shared by Wasteland Weekend.
Wasteland Weekend Film Festival
Wasteland Weekend is having another film festival! The full schedule for the film festival can be found here.
You can also find the full festival calendar here.
Maps of the Event
Wasteland Weekend has provided a number of maps to both help people get to the event and also to help people find locations while they’re at the event. You can see all their maps on their webpage here.
The event’s permanent location is in Edwards, California, south of Rosewood Blvd, east of California City Blvd., west of Claymine Road. The website provides the following coordinates: 35.087439, -117.825400. The street address is 17200 E Rosewood Blvd, Edwards CA 93523. They do warn that if you put this into Google maps, you’ll end up at the slightly wrong location so it’s better to use the actual GPS coordinates instead.
This map below shows the approximate location according to Google, but you’ll want to check the site’s webpage for more details.
The website notes that all attendees should enter Rosewood Blvd. from the west via California City Blvd., because GPS directions may try to take you down closed roads. You won’t be able to enter if you approach from the east side of Rosewood or Claymine.
The website warns: “Just as with our previous location, the surrounding area looks filled with ‘roads,’ but most are not finished, usable, or exist at all. Any roads other than the highways and major streets represented in Google Maps are purely dirt roads for city planning use only. Do not try to use them to get to the event, because you’ll either get lost, stuck, or sent to the back of the proper line anyway.”
This is a map of the car show, provided by Wasteland Weekend. It’s from 2019 but the show is in the same location this year:
Wasteland Weekend also provided this map of the car cruise, which is also in the same location as 2019.